BITSAT – BITS Admission Test
Deemed to be a university and an all Indian institution, The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani conducts an online test for admitting students to Integrated First Degree Programmes of all its campuses located in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. This entrance test is referred to as ‘BITS ADMISSION TEST’ and in short as BITSAT. With modern facilities, and many old students placed in leadership positions across the globe, it is no wonder that BITS Pilani has been the institute of choice for top students every year and this year is no exception.
For students eagerly awaiting the BITSAT exam, the notification of BITSAT 2013 has been released. Here we have listed out the most important dates of BITSAT 2013, eligibility criteria and the syllabus of BITSAT exam. For more information about BITSAT and the process of applying for the entrance exam, go through the complete notification.
Eligibility for BITSAT 2012:
1. Candidates who have passed 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized central or state board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are considered as eligible for admission to the Integrated First Degree Programmes.
2. Also the candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th exam or at least 60% of marks each in the above mentioned subjects and should have adequate proficiency in English.
3. Candidates appearing for 12th exam in 2013 or passed the exam in the year 2012 are eligible for the BITSAT 2013 exam.
4. The latest performance is only considered if the candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th examination or its equivalent, given that the attempt has been for the full component of subjects prescribed.
5. Candidates who had passed the 12th examination or its equivalent in 2012 or before are not eligible for BITSAT 2013.
6. Students studying presently in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible for BITSAT examination.
7. Admissions will be purely on merit which is decided by the score obtained in the BITSAT exam. But the eligibility for admission is subject to meeting the requirement of minimum marks in the above mentioned subjects of 12th examination.
BITSAT 2012 Syllabus
The NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th classes is taken as the basis for BITSAT 2013. For the contents of the BITSAT syllabus, students are advised to refer the NCERT textbooks. A sample test with BITSAT features will be made available on the BITS website and the registered candidate can take this test as many times as desired.
Tags: BITSAT, BITSAT 2013, BITSAT Exam, BITSAT Registration, BITSAT Syllabus, BITSAT Examination, BITSAT Entrance Test, About BITSAT