AIEEE – All India Engineering/Architecture Entrance Examination
AIEEE Introduced in 2002 and organized by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), AIEEE is the national level competitive test for getting into various engineering/architecture bachelor courses throughout the country. Based on the total marks scored in the exam of AIEEE, students will be allotted with All India Rank, State Rank and Category Rank. Admission into the prestigious IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology) and NITs (National Institute of Technology) is also based on the AIEEE score.
AIEEE is considered to be a highly competitive engineering entrance examination and students begin their preparation much before the exam is scheduled and this year is no different. For those aspiring to get in to the top and prestigious colleges through AIEEE 2012, here are the important dates regarding the registration and examination.
Eligibility for AIEEE :
The following is the eligibility criteria for the exam of AIEEE .
1. Candidates passed in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination, are eligible for appearing in AIEEE . Students appearing in 10+2 final or equivalent in 2013 are also eligible for AIEEE exam.
2. A student can attempt the AIEEE exam for 3 times in consecutive years.
3.The candidates appearing for AIEEE 2013 should have passed +2 in 2011 or 2012 or should be appearing for +2 final exams in 2013.
4. Candidates appearing in 2013 or passed +2 in 2010 are not eligible for attempting AIEEE 2013.
5. Candidates with date of birth on or after October 01, 1987 are eligible and for SC, ST, and persons with disabilities (PWD), the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
6. Date of Birth recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
Syllabus for AIEEE :
The AIEEE question papers will be based on common minimum syllabus taught in different state boards. The subjects that are covered in AIEEE exam are:
Candidates have the choice of opting for AIEEE paper language in both offline and online examination and this choice should be made while filing the AIEEE application form. The AIEEE question papers will be in two languages, English and Hindi. Not to forget, language once selected cannot be changed.
In offline AIEEE exam, candidates opted for Hindi will get the AIEEE exam paper which is both in Hindi and English. Online exam, irrespective of the language selected, will be in both Hindi and English.
Tags: AIEEE 2014, AIEEE Exam, AIEEE Papers, AIEEE, AIEEE Application, Exam of AIEEE, AIEEE Application Form, AIEEE Question papers