CSAT: The Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) will select candidates for the main exam of civil services. The candidate, who successfully clears the main exam and the interview, will be selected for the most esteemed Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Revenue Service and numerous other services.
Union Public Service Commission in India conducts the CSAT exam which has undergone many changes in the recent years and CSAT follows the new pattern. In CSAT , students are mainly tested on their attitude towards the job and the exam gives importance to the moral and ethical aspects of decision making in general administration. CSAT is known mainly as elimination exam and hence candidates appearing for CSAT must consider it as a highly competitive exam and should follow a well prepared study plan. Interested candidates can pay the application fees via Challan or online payment (Debit/ Credit card or Net Banking). OBC applicants have to pay Rs 100, SC/ST/PH/Women aspirants are exempted from the payment.
CSAT 2017 Important Dates:
- Date of Pre Exam: 07-08-2017
- Date of Main Exam: 12-11-2017
- Last date to apply for Pre Exam: 20-05-2017
CSAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates appearing for CSAT should have a valid degree from any recognized university or equivalent institute.
Minimum age limit for appearing for CSAT is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.
The candidate should be an Indian citizen by birth or should be either one of the following:
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refuge
CSAT 2017 Syllabus:
The CSAT exam syllabus is divided into two parts and the syllabus for each part is as follows:
- Indian History (both pre and post Independence Era)
- General Science
- Indian Politics
- Current Affairs questions of national and International importance
- Questions relating to environment, biodiversity, geographic regions etc.
- General Mental Ability
- Analytical and Logical Ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- English Language and Comprehension Skills
- Basic Numerical Ability
- Candidates should not forget that there is negative marking for every wrong answer.
Tags: CSAT 2017, CSAT 2017 Syllabus, CSAT 2017 exam, CSAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria, CSAT 2017 Notification, CSAT 2017 Application Form