KU CAT 2017 NOTIFICATION, REGISTRATION, APPLICATION FORM & FEES, ELIGIBILITY, EXAM SCHEDULE & PATTERN, SYLLABUS, ADMIT CARD, RESULTS & RANK CARD
KU CAT 2017 Kerala University Common Admission Test (KU CAT) is an entrance exam which conducted by Kerala University for the students who are interested in the MBA management courses offered by the colleges in Kerala. KU CAT 2017 is a online i.e. computer based test. KU CAT 2017 is conducted for the admissions into management courses for the academic session 2017-18. Online Applications will be released in the 1st week of March 2017 tentatively.
KU CAT 2017 Notification:
The notification for KU CAT 2017 entrance examination is expected to release in 1st week of March 2017 tentatively.
KU CAT 2017 online application forms will be made available in 1st week of March 2017 tentatively.
Important Dates tentative list:
KU CAT 2017 Notification
1st week of March 2017
KU CAT 2017 Application starts from
1st week of March 2017
Last date for Application submission
Last week of March 2017
Admit Card availability
KU CAT 2017 Exam Dates
Group Discussion & Interview
KU CAT 2017 Counselling
KU CAT 2017 Eligibility:
1) Candidate must be Indian Nationality.
2) Candidates must pass the Graduation in 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern approved by Kerala University.
3) Candidates must pass the qualifying exam with minimum of 50% of marks.
4) Candidates who are appearing in the final qualifying exam are also eligiblie.
5) Candidates who passed the M.A / M.Sc / M.Com or any other courses from University of Kerala with 50% of marks are eligible.
6) Candidates who passed the BA, B.Sc., B.Com, BE, B.Sc. (Agri.), B.Tech and other 4/5 years degree with 50% of marks are eligible.
7) Candidates who are having a valid score card of exam KMAT 2017, CMAT 2017, CAT 2017 or MAT 2017 also eligible.
KU CAT 2017 Exam Pattern: Duration: 2 Hours
1) The exam is for duration of 2 Hours.
2) The exam is conducted in Online Mode.
3) The questions will be in Objective type, multiple choice questions.
4) Each question carries 3 marks.
5) Negative Marking: For every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
6) Question paper consists of four sections: Data Interpretation, Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, and Verbal Ability and Comprehension.
KU CAT 2017 Exam Schedule:
KU CAT 2017 entrance exam is expected to be held in the month of May 2017 tentatively. Students can find more information about exam schedule on the release of KU CAT 2017 official notification.
KU CAT 2017 Application Form:
The application fee for KU CAT 2017 is Rs 500 /-
There are only 5 options available for choosing centres per candidate for KU-CAT 2017 registration. In case, if a candidate wants to opt for more centres, an additional Rs 100/- is need to be paid for each centre opted over.
Mode of Payment:
1) The payment of application fee must be done through system generated Challan or Demand Draft at any branch of State Bank of Travancore.
2) Demand Draft should be taken for Rs 510 /- in the favour of “The Finance Officer, University of Kerala” payable at Trivandrum / Thiruvananthapuram.
3) If payment is done through challan candidate can pay Rs 500 /- at University Cash Counter.
How to Apply:
1) Visit the official website of KU CAT 2017 and register by providing basic details.
2) Once register, candidate must login and provide the authentic information of his/her details.
3) Candidates need to provide the personal and academic details.
4) Candidates should select the course applied for, test centre, etc and fill all the required fields.
5) Once application is completely filled, pay the application fee as the above mentioned.
6) Post the completed KU CAT application form with all the supporting documents along with Demand Draft before the stipulated period of time to the given address:
Professor and Head,
Institute of Management in Kerala, University of Kerala,
University Campus, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram-695581
The application form received after March, 2017 (5:00 PM) will not be accepted.
KU CAT 2017 Syllabus:
KU CAT 2017 exam syllabus is comprised of subjects
a) Data Interpretation:
Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, etc.
b) Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning:
Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.
Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
c) General Awareness: Current affairs.
d) Verbal Ability and Comprehension: Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.
KU CAT 2017 Admit Cards:
KU CAT 2017 admit cards are expected to available in the month of May 2017 tentatively. Candidates can download the admit cards from KU CAT 2017 official website. Admit cards contain information like name of the candidate, exam date, time and venue, unique roll number etc. Candidates must note that admit card will not be sent in post or courier.
KU CAT 2017 Results and Rank Card:
KU CAT 2017 Results will be released in the month of July 2017 tentatively. Rank cards will be available at official website of KU CAT 2017 after the announcement of the results. Candidates note that rank card will not be sent in post or courier.
KU CAT 2017 Counselling:
Candidates who are eligible in KU CAT 2017 entrance exam will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. These rounds are held at selected centres like Kollam, Adoor, Trivandrum, and Alappuzha. The rank list will be prepared for KU CAT 2017 as per below basis:
i) KU-CAT 2017 entrance – 70% weightage,
ii) Group Discussion – 15% weightage,
iii) Interview – 15% weightage
Result will be given only after counselling process completed which is last week of July 2017 tentatively.
KU CAT 2017 General Instructions:
1) Candidates must apply for KU CAT 2017 through online only.
2) Appearing the examination does not automatically secure graduate seat.
3) Candidate must check the admit card for Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre Name, City and Category.
4) Candidates must fill the application with authentic details. If any false information found in later stages his/her application will be rejected and debarred from appearing in future examinations.
5) Candidates should go through the Information Bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, and pattern of examination.
6) Incomplete applications are rejected.
7) Candidate must carry admit card and photo identity proof like PAN card, Aadhaar card, Voter id card, Passport etc, along with him to examination centre.
8) Change of Centre is NOT ENTERTAINED.
9) If during the course of examination, a candidate is found indulging in any of the following, he/she shall be deemed to have used unfair means.
10) There are only 5 options available for choosing centres per candidate for KU-CAT 2017 registration. In case, if a candidate wants to opt for more centres, an additional Rs 100/- is need to be paid for each centre opted over.