Syndicate Bank Education Loan
Vidya Lakshmi Portal
Salient features of Vidya Lakshmi Portal
The IBA Managing Committee at its meeting held on 26th June, 2015 had approved certain changes to the IBA Model Education Loan Scheme as suggested by the Reserve Bank of India and Government of India. One of the suggestions contained in the proposal from the RBI, as approved by the Ministry of HRD and DFS, was establishment of a common portal for students to apply for loans and to facilitate tracking and follow up of the loan during its life cycle. The IBA working group on Education Loan Scheme had discussions with NSDL to develop the portal, named as “Vidya Lakshmi Electronic Platform.” The portal is made operational for students and Banks which will minimize the need for personal interaction with student and loan disbursing agency besides providing transparent processing of student loan.
- Vidya Lakshmi Portal is electronic platform developed by NSDL with web address www.vidyalakshmi.co.in
- Student can apply for Education Loan in the Portal opting 3 Bank branches of his/her choice.
- Single Window for students about information of government scholarships and various education loan schemes of Banks
- Common loan application for students for all banks connected to the portal.
- Dashboard for students to track status of loan applications.
- Linkages of portal to Banks’ systems.
- Mechanism for students to communicate with Banks.
- Now portal is available in face book page also i.e.