NEET UG 2017 NOTIFICATION, IMPORTANT DATES, APPLICATION FORM AND FEES, EXAM PATTERN & SCHEDULE, SYLLABUS, ADMIT CARD, RESULTS, SCORECARD, FAQ
NEET 2017 National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national wide entrance exam for private or government colleges in medical graduate courses like MBBS, BDS and post graduate courses like MD/MS, MDS. For graduate courses NEET entrance test is NEET UG and for post graduate courses NEET entrance test NEET PG. NEET UG 2017 would be organized by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admissions into medical graduate courses. NEET UG has replaced All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual medical exams conducted by state or colleges from 2013. But last order from the Hon. Supreme Court was released in 2016. The application forms of NEET UG are made available from 31st January 2017.
NEET UG 2017 Notification:
NEET UG 2017 notification is released on 31st January 2017.
NEET UG 2017 application forms are made available from 31st January 2017.
New in NEET UG 2017:
1. According to the order of Honourable Supreme Court, from the year 2017 NEET is the only exam for MBBS/BDS course admissions, no other exam is allowed. Medical and Dental college seats are filled through NEET score only.
2. Some institutions like All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi (AIIMS), Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) had founded under separate laws, such institutions are exempted from the NEETs purview.
3. NEET UG 2017 is going to be held in eight languages Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Guajarati, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu
4. Aadhaar card is mandatory. All Indians should have Aadhaar card. Get more information about NEET UG 2017 Aadhaar Card Requirement
5. Government has fixed Maximum no. of times a candidate can appear in NEET is 3 times counting from 2017.
Important Dates (Declared):
The following dates are tentative. On the release of official notification, final dates will be updated.
NEET UG 2017 Notification
31st January 2017
NEET UG 2017 Application forms
|31st January 2017 to 1st March 2017
Last date for successful transaction of fee
1st March 2017
Admit card available from
15th April 2017
NEET UG 2017 Exam dates
7th May 2017
Display of OMR Sheet
will be informed through website
|Display of Answer Key
||will be informed through website
8th June 2017
NEET UG 2017 Eligibility:
Candidates need to check the eligibility before applying NEET UG 2017.
1. Candidate should be Indian or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
2. Minimum age limit is 17 years for all categories and maximum age limit is 25 years for General candidates and 30 years for reservation categories.
3. Candidate who passed/appearing Class XII or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, other elective subject with English (PCB Group).
4. Percentage should be of minimum 50% for General category. For PH candidates it is reduced to 45% and for SC/ST/OBC candidates it is 40%.
5. Candidates can check the complete details of NEET UG 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
NEET UG 2017 Exam Pattern:
1. NEET UG 2017 entrance exam is held for courses MBBS/BDS.
2. Questions are going to be asked from subjects Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany.
3. Medium of Question paper will be 8 languages Hindi, English, Assamese, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu.
4. Mode: Exam is conducted in offline mode i.e. Pen and Paper based
5. Duration: The exam is conducted for 3 Hours of duration.
6. There will be a total of 180 questions in the question paper.
7. Each question carries 4 marks and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
For complete NEET UG 2017 Exam Pattern
NEET UG 2017 Exam Schedule:
NEET UG entrance test will be conducted on 7th May 2017(Sunday). Test is for 3 hours of duration 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
For complete NEET UG 2017 Exam Schedule
NEET UG 2017 Application Form:
1. NEET UG 2017 application forms are expected to be available in January 2017.
2. Candidates can apply for NEET UG 2017 through online only.
3. Candidates need to the fill the application form according to the instructions.
4. Pay the prescribed fee as mentioned below.
Application fee: NON-REFUNDABLE
Without late fee
Rs. 1400 /-
5. Once the application is submitted successfully, candidates get the confirmation page.
Get the details about NEET UG 2017 Application Form
NEET UG 2017 Syllabus:
NEET UG 2017 syllabus is NCERT and CBSE Class XI & XII academic syllabus comprised of subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany. Questions will also be asked from other board syllabus.
For Complete NEET UG 2017 Syllabus
NEET UG 2017 Admit Card:
Candidates need to download the admit card through online only. Admit card will be made available in the official website from 15th April 2017. No Post or email will be sent to candidate. Admit card have details like candidate name, roll number, exam dates and centre.
NEET UG 2017 Results & Score Card:
NEET UG entrance exam is organized by CBSE. The answer paper evaluation and results announcement is also taken care by CBSE only. The results will be declared on 8th June 2017. After the results are released candidates can download the score card.
NEET UG 2017 Counselling:
NEET UG 2017 counselling is going to be organized by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) for 15% All India Quota seats. For the State Quota and central universities, institutions and others will be conducted by their counselling authorities. Candidates have to choose the colleges according to their requirement. Seat will be allotted depending on choices made by candidate and availability of seats.
Get detailed information about NEET UG 2017 Counselling
NEET UG 2017 General Instructions:
1. Candidates must apply for NEET UG 2017 through online only.
2. Appearing the examination does not automatically secure graduate seat.
3. Candidate must check the admit card for Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category.
4. Candidates must fill the application with authentic details. If any false information found in later stages his/her application will be rejected and debarred from appearing in future examinations.
5. Candidates should go through the Information Bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, and pattern of examination.
6. Incomplete applications are rejected.
7. Candidate must carry admit card and photo identity proof like PAN card, Aadhaar card, Voter id card, Passport etc, along with him to examination centre.
8. Change of Centre is NOT ENTERTAINED.
9. If during the course of examination, a candidate is found indulging in any of the following, he/she shall be deemed to have used unfair means.
10. Candidates have to use BLUE/BLACK ball point pen to mark the answers.
Q1. What is the mode of submission the application form?
Ans. Application can be submitted through online only.
Q2. Is there any negative marking?
Ans. Yes. For every wrong answer 1 mark is deducted.
Q3. Will AIIMS also consider the score of NEET exam?
Ans. No, AIIMS has its own exam.
Q4. Will the admission be done also through the state level exams?
Ans. No, according to the order of Hon. Supreme Court, no other examination will be held for MBBS/BDS admission except NEET from the year 2017.
Download NEET UG 2017 Information Bulletin