GATE: On behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and Government of India, GATE, an all Indian examination is conducted and administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology. The authority of regulating the GATE examination and declaring the results lies only with the representatives from the administering institutes who form a single body known as GATE Committee.
Designated as the Organizing Institute for GATE , the overall responsibility and coordination lies with Indian Institute of Technology Bombay for conducting GATE exam. The GATE examination is conducted both online and offline allowing the students to attend the required mode of exam based on their convenience. With exceptions for some questions, each wrong answer carries negative marking and hence students are advised to be careful when marking the answers.
GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates falling under the below mentioned categories are only eligible for GATE exam.
- Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of Four-year integrated Master's degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering /Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated Master's degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
All candidates appearing for the GATE 2017 Examination are must follow the following Rules & Regulations:
- Candidates appearing for GATE 2017 examination must carry Admit Card and original photo-identity proof to examination hall.
- Scribble pads will be provided to the candidates in the examination hall by the invigilators for rough work.
- Before using such a pad, a candidate is required to write his/her name and registration number on the pad.
- Carrying of a mobile phone (even in the switched-off mode) or any other electronic device that can be used for communication inside the examination hall may lead to disqualification.
- Carrying of printed or hand-written textual material, inside the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
- All forms of communication among the candidates inside the examination hall are strictly prohibited.
GATE 2017 Syllabus:
The GATE Syllabus comprises of the following topics
Qualifying Engineering Course
The first three topics are common for all the candidates and the fourth will be the paper appropriate to the candidate's qualifying degree.
Tags: GATE 2017, GATE 2017 Syllabus, GATE 2017 exam, GATE exam 2017, GATE 2017 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2017