TS LAWCET 2017 NOTIFICATION, IMPORTANT DATES ELIGIBILITY, APPLCATION FORM & FEES, EXAM PATTERN, SYLLABUS, HALL TICKET, RESULTS & SCORE CARD
TS LAWCET 2017 TS LAWCET is the Telangana state common entrance exam in the field of law which is a gateway for admission into 3 year or 5 year LL.B graduate law courses across the universities and their affiliated colleges present in Telangana. TS LAWCET entrance exam is conducted by Kakatiya University, Warangal on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), Hyderabad.
TS LAWCET 2017 Notification:
The notification of TS LAWCET 2017 for admissions into graduate law courses for academic year 2017-18 will be released on 2nd week of March 2017 tentatively.
Online Applications will be made available from 3rd week of March 2017 tentatively.
Exam dates are announced for TS LAWCET 2017. Exam is scheduled to 27th May 2017.
Important Dates tentative list:
The dates given in the below table are tentative list of dates. On the release of official notification candidates can find the final dates.
Notification Releases on
2nd week of March 2017
Online Applications available from
3rd week of March 2017
Last Date for submission of Applications
without late fee
with late fee Rs 500/- to Rs 1,500/-
3rd week of April 2017
One week before the test
Examination Dates for both 3 year & 5 year courses
27th May 2017 (Released)
10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Note: Candidates who pay Rs 1,500 /- as late fee must write the exam in Warangal centre only.
TS LAWCET 2017 Eligibility:
1) The candidate should be of Indian Nationality.
2) Candidate should satisfy the local/unreserved status as per the requirement laid down in Educational Institutions Order 1974 Regulation of Admission.
3) The candidates other than Indian Nationals should satisfy the rules of the Universities concerned.
4) For 3 year LL.B Course: Candidate should have passed any graduate degree (10+2+3 pattern) of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Universities concerned.
5) For 5 year LL.B Course: Candidate should have passed two year Intermediate Exam (10+2 pattern) with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the University concerned or the Board of Intermediate Education, T.S.
6) For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 5% marks i.e. SC/ST candidates should obtain 40% of aggregate marks.
7) A candidate appearing for the above qualifying examinations may also take the TS LAWCET in anticipation of results. In case of such students, their admission shall be subject to their securing eligible marks in the said qualifying examinations.
8) There is maximum age limit should 30 years for 3 year course and 20 years for 5 year course.
a) LL.B 3 year degree course
b) LL.B (B.A.LL.B) 5 year degree course
TS LAWCET 2017 Exam Pattern: Duration: 1½ Hours (90 min)
1) Mode of exam: Offline i.e. Pen & Paper based test
2) Duration: 1½ Hours (90 min)
3) Subjects: General Knowledge, Mental ability, current affairs and aptitude for study of law
4) Total marks: 120
5) Total Questions: 120
6) Type: Objective type
Get full details of TS LAWCET 2017 Exam Pattern
TS LAWCET 2017 Exam Schedule:
TS LAWCET 2017 entrance exam is expected to be held on 27th May 2017. On the release of official notification, the exam schedule will be updated.
TS LAWCET 2017 Application Form:
Application Fee: Rs 350 /- (Rs 250 /- for SC/ST)
a) Online Payment using Credit/Debit Card.
b) TS Online Centres/AP Online Centres
How to Apply Online:
1) Visit the official website and pay the application fee through payment gateway (if online payment).
2) Enter the details of fee payment.
3) Proceed to Application form and fill the personal and academic details.
4) Upload the photograph and signature.
5) Submit the application and take a printout for future reference.
Get detailed information of TS LAWCET 2017 Application Form
TS LAWCET 2017 Syllabus:
TS LAWCET 2017 syllabus will be comprised of subjects
a) General Knowledge & Mental ability,
b) Current Affairs,
c) Aptitude for Study of Law
TS LAWCET 2017 Hall Tickets:
Candidate can download the hall tickets from the official website of TS LAWCET 2017. Hall tickets will be issued from one week before the test tentatively. Hall tickets will contain information regarding candidate and test date, time and venue. Hall Tickets will not be sent by post or mail.
TS LAWCET 2017 Qualifying marks:
The qualifying percentage of marks in the Entrance Test is 35% (i.e. 42 marks out of total 120 marks). There will be no minimum qualifying marks for SC & ST candidates for ranking.
TS LAWCET 2017 Results & Rank Card:
Candidate can get the TS LAWCET 2017 results from the official website of TS LAWCET 2017. Results will be announced on June 2017 tentatively. Rank card will be made available in the official website after result announcement. Rank Cards will not be sent by post or mail.
TS LAWCET 2017 Counselling:
On the basis of the marks and rank obtained by the candidates, they will get admission. Candidates will be called rank-wise for counselling procedure. Candidates need to register and pay non-refundable counselling fee Rs 500/- (Rs 250/- for SC/ST category). There will be certificate verification and candidates have to submit the Xerox copy of certificates. After the counselling procedure, all candidates have to choose the colleges through web options.
List of Law Colleges in Telangana for LL.B.
List of Law Colleges in Telangana for B.A.LL.B.
TS LAWCET 2017 General Instructions:
1) The applicants who have obtained 10+2 or graduation / post graduation through open
Universities directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission into the law courses.
2) Mere appearance in TS LAWCET will not give any right of admission.
3) If the total number of candidates in any centre is less than 100, the Convener reserves the right to cancel the centre and in such case the candidates will be allotted to the other nearest centre.
4) The Convener, TS LAWCET reserves the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage
5) Any change will not be permitted to be made in the application after its receipt by the Convener.
6) The answer scripts of candidates taking the TS LAWCET examination will be preserved for 6 months from the date of announcement of TS LAWCET results.
7) The conduct of TS LAWCET is subject to orders and instructions issued by the Government of Andhra Pradesh from time to time.
8) All disputes arising out of any matter concerning TS LAWCET shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the A.P. High Court only.
9) Candidates are directed to carry to the examination hall a Ball Point Pen (Blue or Black)
10) The candidate will not be allowed into the examination hall after 10.00 am i.e. after the commencement of examination.
11) Candidates must remain seated in their allotted places till the completion of the Examination. In no case they will be allowed to leave the examination hall till the end of the examination.
Follow the syllabus and prepare in a scheduled manner.
In the examination Time management is a challenge for the students.
Prepare for exam using LAWCET previous question papers. Students can get an idea about exam pattern, type of questions given in each subject and how to manage the time.