AP EDCET 2017 NOTIFICATION, REGISTRATION, APPLICATION FORM, ELIGIBILITY, EXAM SCHEDULE, EXAM PATTERN, SYLLABUS, HALL TICKETS, RESULTS & Rank Card
AP EDCET 2017 Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test (AP EDCET) is a common entrance exam for admission into B.Ed regular course in colleges of Education present in Andhra Pradesh. AP EDCET entrance exam is conducted by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), Hyderabad.
AP EDCET 2017 Notification:
AP EDCET 2017 Notification will be released in the 2nd week of February 2017 tentatively.
Online application forms starts from 3rd week of February 2017 tentatively.
Last date for submission of application form is 3rd week of April 2017 tentatively.
Exam date for AP EDCET 2017 is now released. Exam is scheduleded to 19th April 2017.
Results will be announced on 25th May 2017.
Important Dates tentative list:
Below mentioned dates are tentative. On the release of official notification this article will be updated.
2nd week of February 2017
Online Application starts from
3rd week of February 2017
Last date for submission of application without late fee
3rd week of April 2017
Last date for submission of application with late fee (Rs 1000/-)
Last week of April 2017
Hall Tickets availability
3rd week of May 2017
11:00AM to 01:00PM
19th April 2017 (Released)
25th May 2017 (Released)
AP EDCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
1) Candidate should be of Indian Nationality.
2) Candidate should satisfy the status of local and non-local as per the requirement laid down in AP Educational Institutions Order 1974 Regulation of Admission.
3) Candidates with degree B.A/B.Sc/B.Sc (Home Science)/B.Com/B.C.A/B.B.M and with minimum 50% of marks are eligible. For SC/ST/BC/PH, it is 40% of marks.
4) Candidates with B.E/B.Tech degree with mathematics, physics as subjects are also eligible.
5) Age Limit: Candidate should have completed 19 years of age.
Get complete AP EDCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
AP EDCET 2017 Exam Pattern: Duration: 2 Hours
1) Mode of exam: Offline mode
2) Duration: 2 Hours
3) Total no. of questions: 150 questions
4) Total marks: 150 marks
5) Each question carries 1 mark.
6) No negative marking
7) Part-A will be General English and Part-B will be General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude.
8) Candidate must choose a subject for Part-C of question paper from mathematics, physical sciences, biological sciences, social studies, English subjects.
Get full AP EDCET 2017 Exam Pattern
AP EDCET 2017 Exam Schedule:
AP EDCET 2017 entrance exam is scheduled to be held on 19th April 2017. On the release of official notification, more details will be updated.
AP EDCET 2017 Application Form:
Application Fee: NON-REFUNDABLE
Fees in Rs
Late fee Rs 1000/-
Mode of Payment:
The application fee can be paid in two modes:
a) Online Payment using Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking.
b) AP Online Centres
AP EDCET 2017 Applications will be received through online only. AP EDCET 2017 Application form will be available from 3rd week of February 2017 tentatively.
How to Apply Online:
1) Visit the official website and pay the application fee.
2) Click on “Application Form” and enter the details of fee payment.
3) Proceed to Application form and fill the personal and academic details.
4) Upload the photograph and signature.
5) Submit the application and take a printout for future reference.
Get detailed information of AP EDCET 2017 Application Form
AP EDCET 2017 Syllabus:
AP EDCET 2017 syllabus will be comprised of
a) General English,
b) General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude,
c) One of the subjects from mathematics, physical sciences, biological sciences, social studies, English subjects
For complete AP EDCET 2017 Syllabus
AP EDCET 2017 Hall Tickets:
Candidate can download the hall tickets from the official website of AP EDCET 2017. Hall tickets will be issued from 3rd week of May 2017 tentatively. Hall tickets will contain information regarding candidate and test date, time and venue. Candidate has to download the Hall Ticket from the website only.
AP EDCET 2017 Qualifying marks:
The qualifying percentage of marks in the Entrance Test is 25% i.e. 37 marks out of total marks. There will be no minimum qualifying marks for S.Cs & S.Ts for ranking. There will be no minimum qualifying marks for women in Physical Sciences/Mathematics methodologies.
AP EDCET 2017 Results & Rank Card:
Candidate can get the AP EDCET 2017 results from the official website of AP EDCET 2017. Results will be announced on 25th May 2017. Rank card will be made available in the official website after result announcement. Candidate has to download the Rank Card from the website only.
1) Candidates will be ranked in the order of merit on the basis of marks obtained in AP EDCET examination.
2) When there is a tie in total marks, Part-C marks will be taken into account to decide relative ranking.
3) In case of further tie, the marks obtained in Part-A will be taken into account to decide relative ranking.
4) In case of candidates getting equal marks in each of the parts of the test paper, they shall be bracketed for the purpose of award of rank.
5) At the time of admission into the course, age shall be taken into consideration for relative ranking among the bracketed candidates and the older candidates shall be given priority.
AP EDCET 2017 Counselling:
Candidates will be called rank-wise for counselling procedure. Candidates need to register and pay non-refundable counselling fee Rs 1000/- (Rs 500/- for SC/ST category). There will be certificate verification and candidates have to submit the Xerox copy of certificates. After the counselling procedure, all candidates have to choose the colleges through web options.
List of Colleges in Andhra Pradesh for B.Ed.
AP EDCET 2017 General Instructions:
1) The Convener, AP EDCET reserves the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage.
2) Any change will not be permitted to be made in the application after its receipt by the Convener.
3) The Candidate should preserve the hall ticket to produce it at the time of test and later at the time of entry into the course.
4) The appearance at AP EDCET does not entitle any candidate to be considered for entry into the course automatically.
5) Candidate will not be permitted into the exam hall after 11 AM on the date of entrance test.
6) All disputes arising out of any matter concerning AP EDCET shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the A.P. High Court only.
7) Candidate has to download the Hall Ticket & Rank Card from the website only.
8) Application will be rejected if it is found incomplete/fail of eligibility conditions/false information in application.
9) Candidate will not be permitted into the exam hall without hall ticket.
10) Request for re-totalling or revaluation or personal identification of scripts will not be entertained.
Follow the syllabus and prepare in a scheduled manner.
In the examination Time management is a challenge for the students.
Prepare for exam using EDCET previous question papers. Students can get an idea about exam pattern, type of questions given in each subject and how to manage the time.