CAT 2017 NOTIFICATION, APPLICATION FORM & FEES, IMPORTANT DATES, ELIGIBILITY, EXAM SCHEDULE & PATTERN, SYLLABUS, ADMIT CARDS, RESULTS & RANK CARD
CAT 2017 Common Admission Test (CAT) is a PG level common entrance exam conducted by one of the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) every year, for selecting students into their business management PG programs. Recently Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have also joined the list of institutes where CAT is a pre requisite for admission in various management programmes offered by them.
CAT 2017 Notification:
The notification of CAT 2017 for admissions into management PG courses for academic year 2017-18 will be released on third week of July 2017 tentatively.
CAT 2017 Online applications will be made available from 2nd week of August 2017 tentatively.
Important Dates tentative list:
Notification Releases on
3rd week of July 2017
Online Registration starts from
2nd week of August 2017
Last Date for submission of Applications
Last week of September 2017
Last week of October 2017
Morning and Afternoon sessions
1st week of December 2017
2nd week of January 2018
CAT 2017 Eligibility:
1) Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% SC/ST/PWD category candidates), by recognized University or educational institution.
2) Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
3) Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of certificate.
4) Eligibility may be verified at different stages of selection process.
i) The percentage would be calculated as per their respective University/Institution.
ii) In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion of marks would be based on the procedure of the respective University/ institution.
iii) The equivalence will be taken by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100, if there is no conversion.
As per the legal requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC), 3% seats are reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
CAT 2017 Exam Pattern:
1) The exam is for 3 Hours of duration from 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM.
2) Examination will be conducted in Online Mode: Computer Based Test.
3) Questions in each section may or may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, for some questions direct answers are to be typed on the screen.
4) Basic on-screen calculator for computation is allowed.
5) There a total of 100 questions.
6) Each question carries 3 marks.
7) Negative Marking: For every wrong answer 1 mark is deducted.
Get the details of CAT 2017 Exam Pattern
CAT 2017 Exam Schedule:
CAT 2017 entrance exam is expected to be held on 1st week of December 2017. On the release of official notification, the exam schedule will be updated.
CAT 2017 Application Form:
Registration Fee: NON REFUNDABLE
Fees in Rs
Mode of Payment:
Registration Fee can be paid through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/Cash Card & Wallet.
How to Register/Apply:
1) Application should be submitted through online mode only. For Online submission, visit the official website of CAT 2017.
CAT 2017 Registration:
1) Fill the required fields carefully as the details on this form cannot be changed once submitted.
2) Candidate will receive their User ID on the registered email address after registering.
3) Candidate will also receive the login Password as an SMS on the registered mobile number.
CAT 2017 Application Form:
1) Login to fill the application form using the user id and password.
2) Fill the application form with personal and academic details.
3) Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature along with other required documents like caste certificate or PwD certificate etc.
4) Once all the required fields are filled with correct and authentic information, submit the application form.
5) Once candidate submit the application successfully, he/she will receive a confirmation email.
6) Candidates are advised to take a printout of the application for future reference.
Get complete details of CAT 2017 Application Form
CAT 2017 Syllabus:
CAT 2017 syllabus is comprised of subjects like
a) Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension,
b) Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning,
c) Quantitative Ability.
CAT 2017 Admit Cards:
Admit cards will be available from last week of October 2017 tentatively. Candidates have to download their admit cards from the CAT official website.
CAT 2017 Results & Rank Card:
The CAT 2017 results will release on 2nd week of January 2018 through official portal. Score/Rank card will be available after the release of results. Candidates can check and download the results and rank card from CAT official website. Rank card will NOT be sent in post or mail to candidate.
CAT 2017 General Instructions:
1) No changes are entertained once registration process is done.
2) Applicants should note that the mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by IIMs.
3) Candidates must have a valid and unique email account and mobile number throughout the selection process.
4) At the time of CAT Application registration SC / ST / NC-OBC / PWD certificate(s) must be uploaded.
5) Registration of Candidate will get cancelled if failed to upload caste/class certificate.
6) Reach the test centre by 7:30 AM for morning session/1.00 PM for afternoon session.
7) Candidates are not allowed inside test centre after 8:45 AM/1:00 PM.
8) Candidates must carry original ID proof.
9) Candidates must handover their admit cards to invigilator.
10) Electronic gadgets, written/blank paper/books, calculators etc are not allowed.
11) Finger print of candidate is taken on the day of test.
Follow the syllabus and prepare in a scheduled manner.
In the examination Time management is a challenge for the students.
Prepare for exam using CAT previous question papers. Students can get an idea about exam pattern, type of questions given in each subject and how to manage the time.